Wednesday, June 28, 2017

How do I explain the unexplainable?


 
   I'm in a spiritual battle. I find myself reacting when I truly want to stop and think it through, and it is difficult to explain. Perhaps part of it is being under so much stress that I react before I can think.
   I know for a certainty that God works all things out for our highest good, even when we don't understand.  Judges 2:20-23, God says He was angry with His people and would no longer drive out the strong, immoral, and strong nations where His people were settling; however, chapter 3:4, says that God Himself left those nations to teach the next generation to fight.  The battles are stronger than we realize; often people have given me a formula for fighting the enemy, saying if I will do such and so I will have no more trouble, but that's just not the way it works.
   This sounds strange, but the enemy of our souls has been trying to get me to leave my church, but I can't; recently I asked God to send me wherever He pleased and I was prepared to move on, thinking it even best for all. So I asked Him if I should go, and He gave me I Chron 28:20, telling me to not be afraid or discouraged for He is with me, and will not fail to be with me until His work here is finished.  And Nehemiah 4:14; don't be afraid, but fight for my brothers.
   We have read Scripture through the filter of church tradition and so miss the ways God wants to interact with us, just like Moses, Abraham, and Elisha, with His courage, and trusting Him to lead us. We do have a mortal enemy that has taken down many ministries and pastors, but God is blocking him and his minions at a place where the leadership wants to follow Him faithfully, and not their own agendas.
   Believe God, trust Him, even when others are not trustworthy; there is a war for the eternal lives of many, and we are all in the thick of it.

No comments: